The IT Officer shall work under general supervision of IT Manager and shall identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems encountered in DUA LAN and WAN. The incumbent shall have good analytical and problem-solving skills and shall be able to provide technical support to end-users regarding computer hardware and software. The incumbent shall be able to install, test, certify and troubleshoot networking cabling systems and shall be able to install configured network equipment and perform related work as required. The incumbent shall have hands-on experience and shall be able to install and configure printers and copiers and client software for various business applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify, troubleshoot and resolves hardware-, software- and network-related problems encountered by end-users at DUA.
2. Install, certify and troubleshoot campus and remote-campus network cabling infrastructure, including a wide variety of local area network equipment and software.
3. Perform primary network system administration on network servers as needed.
4. Perform, diagnostics and troubleshooting of computer system hardware, projectors, operating systems (Windows) computer lab and networks (wired and wireless) on daily basis.
5. Good knowledge of installation and configuration of Cisco latest model switches.
6. Good knowledge of DHCP, DNS, AD Site and services and FTP.
7. Configure and install point-to-point devices such as Air Fiber, UBNT and WiMAX.
8. Monitoring of the network connection on daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
9. Maintenance of up-to-date parameters of information for the network clients and electronic mail.
10. Install, troubleshoot, and repairs telecommunications equipment, data/voice cabling including computer and telephone lines.
11. Able to install, configure, operate and use fingerprint machines.
12. Able to register staff/students fingerprints into FP machines and produce standard reports as required regularly.
13. Sets up and configures desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level.
14. Install software and repairs hardware and peripherals.
15. Transfers computer files between platforms.
16. CCTV installation and Backup from DVR.
17. Install and maintain MiKroTick Server.
18. Provides basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, copiers, scanners and laser printers).
19. Maintains a proper filing system of the department.
20. Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports.
21. Visiting DUA other campuses for any troubleshooting upon request.
22. Perform any other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) from a recognized national/international university.
• Minimum 3 years of progressive work experience in IT field.
Skills & Competencies
• Ability to identify and resolve problems associated with Computer Networks.
Excellent knowledge of Windows Workstations, Servers, Network equipment and VoIP equipment.
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and students.
• Ability to minimize the time of failure and quickly identify the root cause of an issue.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in local languages and English as a professional language.
• Fluent in Pashto / Dari and English languages.
• Positive attitude, detail and customer oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability.
• Ability to work extra hours as required by management.
Afghanistan – Kabul
Please send your cover letter, CV, educational documents and work experience letter (s) to the below written email. The deadline for applications is CoB (4:30 PM) 22 January 2020. Please mention in the subject of your email the VA number and position title (HR – DUA – 005 – IT Officer). Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. DUA is an equal opportunity employer.
Submission Email: email@example.com